“Ministering Christ to the world through our families”
We seek to exalt and serve our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and worship Him as a community of believers according to scripture.
- We are called to declare the law of God and the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- We are called to declare that we are redeemed and justified by Grace alone, through Faith alone, in Christ alone.
- We are called to encourage the believer’s thankful and grateful response to the Gospel by joyfully loving God supremely, loving our neighbor as ourselves, and loving each other in Christ.
- We are called to gratefully fulfill the Great Commission globally, locally, and personally, and seek to do so corporately as a congregation, as families and as individuals.
We seek to fulfill these callings intergenerationally.
- Our worship service is Christ centered, intergenerational and focuses on the ministry of Word and Sacrament. Our service is liturgical and attempts to have a maximum of congregational participation. We celebrate the Lord’s Supper every week.
- We seek the Lord together in prayer on a regular basis in order to confess our sin, pray for his Kingdom to come, for his blessing on the church, to intercede for our families and for God to graciously meet all other needs.
- We encourage all families to make spiritual education and family worship a priority at home.
- We offer aid and instruction to families in order for them to carry out their Biblical duty toward their family and to find joy in it.
- We encourage each family to develop ministry goals, especially for evangelism and mercy within their sphere of influence.
- We encourage struggling families to seek out other families who may be healthier and more spiritually capable to encourage them.
- We promote and advertise family activity outside of official church functions encouraging intergenerational involvement and inclusion of single people.
- Elders are to function as mentors, encouragers, teachers, and counselors, with a view to improving the interaction within each family and the congregation as a whole.
- We will plan and conduct several outreach events each year
- To the best of our ability, we will continue to offer food and other tangible items, free of charge, to both the congregation and the surrounding community. This will include free bread and food pantry items.